Thursday 23 September 2010

Anything Animals

A robot, a sheep, a frog and a bunny, all from the same pattern! Rachel Borello's Anything Animals pattern, that is. I loved knitting these guys so much! Of course, I have no idea what to do with them, seeing as I'm leaving for Asia in four days!

I made the frog first. I love how the 'shirt' turned out to look like bathing shorts :) A pattern for his froggy feet can be found at the bottom of this post!

In his natural habitat :)

I made this little bunny out of mohair yarn I found at a charity shop. I say 'little' but strangely she knit up bigger than all the rest. Her ears are adorably wonky, and arms reach out as if to say, 'Hug me!' Or, possibly, 'Braaaiiiiinssss...'

'Braiiinssssss!'
So cute you want to tear your eyes out.
I have wanted to knit a robot since I first started knitting! FINALLY! I made him a little shorter than the rest, and threw in some bobbles and bits to make him more robotic. His arms are sewn all the way down the side and his antenna has a twist of wire in it to make it stick up all bendy. He turned out incredibly timid-looking, or maybe just grumpy

It's all right, little robot!
Exploring the surface of an alien planet, no doubt...
Getting over excited about the bobbles, I decided to have a crack at using a lot of them for texture. I was going to make a mohair seep, but I decided to go for bobbles instead :) I'm not sure the experiement was 100% successful, but I like this little sheep. She's certainly rather cuddly.

Baaa.
And, as promised, the pattern for the frog feet:

Pattern for Froggy Feet:


CO 5
1: K3 K2tog (4)
2: K2tog K2 (3)
3: K2 Kfb (4)
4: Kfb K3 (5)
5-7: rep 1-3
8: Kfb and then BO all st

The feet came out sort of a lumpy mess; when attatching them to the frog, I pulled loops of yarn between the toes to give them shape. Worked okay, I think :)

No comments:

Post a Comment